From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Almost Famous





Date: 22 Oct, 2001



I had lunch with this almost famous person (if you consider having your face splashed all around the billboards of manila as famous, then I guess he is pretty famous). I was quite surprised to see that he was very good looking. He didn’t quite fit my image of him. Anyways, he was attired in this outfit reminiscent of John Travolta’s Grease. My mind immediately heard this imaginary music playing – “Go grease lightning go grease lightning go…” upon seeing him. Hmmm, I wonder if he saw that movie. That lunch is one for the books. Hahaha. It was so funny. He looked like some sort of a movie star ( his belt was like a WWF world title belt)… actually he is a movie star, but that is besides the point.

* * *
Hotel food sucks. Hotel iced coffees suck. They charge you a gazillion bucks for something that tastes like crap. McDonalds serve better coffee than that. Tastes like toasted rice. Anyways it was a fun change. Well I will sign off now, I still need to go to church. Ciao.

No comments: