From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Nylons and The XX Species"

November 6 2001


I cut class today and decided to head straight to the school's internet room. I see no point in attending the orientation. I asked my friends to just get me some handouts if ever they decide to give the class one.

I feel uneasy in these nylon stockings i am wearing. We are required to wear black leather shoes and since socks and pumps are so cindy lauper, i decided to wear nylons. I went shopping for nylons last weekend. I hate seeing legs who wear shiny nearing opaque stockings. It looks so unreal, kinda like cadaveric in nature. So i sought for those sheer type of stockings. But i was in a hurry so i just grabbed the stockings without bothering to read the label. When i finally got home, i read the labels and it read "Shiny, shimmery (and might i add glittery in the sun) stockings". Dang! I have no other choice but to wear those stupid stockings. I feel like i have tiny christmas lights wrapped around my now cadaveric legs. Argh. Why cant we be allowed to wear pants? It is such a nuisance to wear skirts, stockings and pumps. Any guy who wants to understand why women think and act a certain way l should be made to wear skirts, stockings and pumps. Then they would understand the XX species. There's a lot to understanding women than the occassional "Oh it's that time of the month" line.

No comments: