From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Three beers and a leather jacket"


Date: 21 Dec, 2001


We had this christmas party at andy's place and it was a blast. Andy proved to be a very good hostess. Anyhoo, after the party, we decided to still go out for coffee. Jeff, a friend of mine commented about beers and stuff. He told me that i looked like someone who drank three beers every now and then. This made me and Andy laugh. I haven't had a single drop of beer in my entire life! (Yes i know, i am quite a deviate from the normal culture) I told jeff about it and he was quite shocked. He told me that i do not live up to my image. "What image is that jeff?" i asked. Jeff answered "That of an independent woman" ... (so independent = beer?) . Andy commented that it must have been my overall image. There are certain stereotypes that people have with the way other people present themselves...1 beer for my half an inch hair last year (i don't know why i went and had my hair cut from shoulder length to half an inch, but i'm pretty sure there was a good reason), another beer for my black leather coat, and another beer for going to rallies... Three beers for that. Not bad. :)
* * *

They gave out awards during the party. Not award awards, just plain funny titles. Andy got the everybody-loves-her-award, an award she definitely deserves. I got the fashion guru award. Hmmmm... Now i have to live up to that title... hahaha.

***

Coolness. WHat the heck does that mean? Cool. In high school, a classmate of mine signed my class picture saying that i was one of the coolest girls in school. She was being kind i thought. Well, maybe the fact that i really don't blow my top off over mole hills made her think i was cool. Hehehe, If only she knew.... Anyhoo, last night, we played a game wherein you describe someone and everybody tries to guess who it is. A classmate came up with the following description: cool, adventurous and not afraid to try out different things. Most shouted my name. And he told them that it was me. Awww shoot! It was christmas and he was being sweet. Maybe cool is something people ascribe to you when they don't have anything else to tell you. Hahaha. In any case, i guess i need to start drinking beers to live up to this image. Just kidding.

* *

Incubus' new song is very nice. Wish you were here is a song i agree with right now. I hope i don't agree with it that much. I'm a basket case. I refuse to cave in to thoughts of possibilities which are really impossible. Still, that song keeps on playing inside my head and i can't help but smile when that music and my thoughts get mixed up.

No comments: