From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Musings on christmas eve"

Date: 25 Dec, 2001



Running away never solves anything. You just have to confront your problem and decide right there and then that no matter what, your identity still remains intact. Never let go of who you are. I tried letting go but it landed me nowhere. I tried hiding but i came back to where i started... It was a couple of hours ago that i realized where i really belonged...where home really was....

I think peace comes when you accept who you are, when you acknowledge your dreams and decide to pursue them, no matter how big the challenges you will encounter. It is easy to follow someone when the future is bright, but it is another thing to have all your hopes crushed right in front of your face. Following would then be an ordeal. It takes God's grace and power to soar again...

* *

I didn't get the gift i wanted this christmas ( hahaha very selfish i know... ). Actually i loved the gifts i got but i was hoping to receive this particular gift... unfortunately it didn't come... Oh well, maybe next time. I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

No comments: