From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"My kryptonite"


Date: 1 Dec, 2001



During the week, I live in a scary house. Inside and out, it looks and feels like a haunted house. Old pictures, old paintings, old grandfather clocks, old mirrors, old statues, old everything. But such things don't give me goose bumps...
* *
I am a medical student. The site of a decapitated head hardly makes my stomach turn... I dissect cadavers. I could open the abdomen of a cadaver and not vomit...
* *
I live in a chaotic neighborhood. Gunshots and fraternity wars are common happenings. I have learned to live with it...
**
Nothing big really scares me... What scares me most, what really makes my hair stand, what really really makes me scream in terror is a flying cockroach inside a bathroom. My adrenaline really shoots up when this rare thing happens. Just last week, i was taking a bath when suddenly i saw this cockroach high up on the bathroom wall, attempting to fly. A loud scream managed to escape out of my throat as i immediately ran outside the shower area. As luck would have it, i forgot my towel and my head was full of conditioner. I didn't know whether i should attempt to throw everything in sight at the insect or just run. It's a good thing that hideous insect fell on the floor, otherwise i would have ran out naked and all... Not a pretty sight i think.

No comments: