From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Warning shots and stupid action flicks"


Date: 23 Aug, 2001



Okay so i have so many entries for august 23. So sue me...:)

I went home and i immediately fell asleep. I was so tired that i was only roused up from my sleep when a commotion was happening outside the house. Have i ever told you that the neighborhood i am currently staying in is full of adventure? First off, the house that i am staying in is also known as "the haunted house", it is an ancient house (one that's been there ever since the spanish era - no kidding! i think it is about a century old) full of mirrors and old pictures, really old pictures. In cases of brownouts, i would force myself to sleep so that i wouldn't get scared. The neighborhood there is high strung. I would often wake up in the middle of the night by fraternity wars happening right in front of the house. Today was no exception. A woman's voice was screaming, and a number of men were gathering around this lunatic. He wanted to fight someone and they were stopping him from doing so. I peered through my window and i saw some men gathering metal baseball bats, this was not play time, i thought. Some police men (i don't if they were, they had guns) got their guns (which made me duck) and made warning shots. Those fools! Where did they get the idea to fire? Didn't they know that the last time somebody did that, the bullet went to the house i was staying in? Too much stupid action flicks i suppose. Anyways, i am alive, considering that he shot some two meters from my room. Whew! What a day. :)

No comments: