From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Joseph the dreamer, jonwell the minister

October 29, 2001

An old high school friend called me up. He invited me to go up to Sagada, some far off place where you go inside caves. The problem is, its on a school day. I was thinking of not coming to class for three days to go there. Hmmmm…. I hope he reschedules it.

This friend of mine,Jonwell, is a walking contradiction. He told me how he was recently involved in a fraternity war and then he talks about his jail ministry (he visits prisoners to share the gospel)…I asked him (sarcastically) if he was the minister or the one being ministered upon. I could never understand Jonwell. Oh well, it is not my job to understand him. I am so glad though that his mother survived breast cancer. It was stage 4 and the doctors had to do a radical mastectomy. Thank God she survived the ordeal. I don’t know how Jonwell would react if she didn’t.

Shifting topics, another friend of mine Joseph, recently passed the engineering exam and is now a certified engineer. Wow. He is an engineer already. This November, he will be studying abroad. He is taking up some sort of a masterals. He might come with us to Sagada before he leaves. What do I wish for this friend of mine? I wish him all the luck. He leaves with him two relationships gone sour. I don’t know why. He is the perfect gentleman. He is smart, good- looking, has a good sense of humor, athletic and really nice. Actually the first relationship is with my best friend and I think I have an idea why that romance fizzled out. The second relationship I think, had similar problems. So anyways I have a problem. Despite everything that happened between him and my best friend, one of my best friends is still hung up on him. Should I tell her that mr. Nice guy is leaving or not? Argh. I am torn, mr. Nice guy should be the one to tell her. But why should he tell her? My best friend needs to have some sort of closure with this guy… I guess I should just do nothing. This sucks.

No comments: