From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Stalker


Date: 24 Aug, 2001



About 2 weeks ago, I received a text message on my celfone. It came from an unknown number. It asked me if i could be his text mate (some sort of phone pal). I thought that it was merely a friend of mine who changed his number. So i asked him to identify himself. He told me that he was someone who knew me by face and not by name... told me he wanted to be friends. He even knew my former celfone number. Upon further questioning, i found out that he lives in my neighborhood (u know the high strung one?). At this point i got alarmed. The only one in that neighborhood who knows my number is an old guy who manages a certain condominium there. (i believe he is a friend of that old guy). This was far from flattering. ( believe me, his messages were also far from flattering) Here comes a stranger who goes through all the trouble of obtaining your celfone number... not a very comforting thought. My immediate reaction was to get frightened. I usually go home alone (at night)and it is creepy to know that someone you dont know is watching you. He might be some psychotic person. I politely told him that i didnt have the capacity to be a good text mate (of course i didnt want to get this guy's ire)... until now i don't know who this guy is.. it is a good thing he stopped texting... still it bothers me.

No comments: