From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"And the heavens opened..."






Date: 23 Aug, 2001


In the bible, they said that it took 40 days and 40 nights of rain to flood the ancient times. If noah built his ark here in my school, it would only take about three hours for noah and the gang to go sailing. I really think that surfing or scuba diving should be the sport of choice of us medical students.

11:10 am... i am here, again, in front of this computer ( which is taking up too much of my time), typing the day away. I have reprioritized my values for the moment...computer first, study later. :) Classes are suspended, those who want to stay in school should be equipped with a snorkel at the very least, flippers are optional. I have neither the desire to wade (or in this case, swim) in the murky waters nor the courage to stop a jeepney in this blasted rainy day. So i stay, hoping that the waters won't rise to a disastrous level. Manila has no underwater corals to boast off and they couldn't force me to go out in the streets even for a million dollars (now if it's 2 million dollars...).

Excuse me while i end this entry, i have to put this dove out so i could see whether the flood has receded...

No comments: