From Pedro Gil to the streets of Espana to the halls leading to the Intensive Care Unit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Waiting or Wasting

3 Aug, 2001

I had lunch today with my friend Andy. We had been feeding our taste buds for the past few weeks with food that ranks a little bit higher than garbage, so eating out in this oriental restaurant was a treat. Besides, we need to treat ourselves to compensate for the exams we just had.. (As far as I am concerned, all tissue specimens look the same)

We basically talked about silly stuffs. Trivial stuffs. You see, when you are a med student, you need to talk about these stupid silly things, otherwise, you'd end up boring...

Suddenly the conversation turned serious. All of a sudden, the room was silent and all we could hear was our biological clocks ticking away... tick tock tick tock...

I know i said previously that i want to wait for my destiny, but somehow I cant help but wonder if I am living a fool's dream. Am I?

There is a fine line between waiting and wasting... Wise men know the difference but they died two thousand years ago... Seeing that i do not feel like contacting them thru a seance, i would have to get thru this phase with a quotation from my teacher - it is not the "when", it's the "who". :)

No comments: